- Interior & Exterior Detailing
- CarPro Eraser
Intensive Polish & Oil Remover
An excellent all around cleaner, eraser was specifically designed for the complete removal of polishing oils for inspection and prior to the application of CQUARTZ or any other coating, wax, or sealant. However due to the alcohol mixed with Eraser's special degreasing agent we have found it also makes an excellent streak free glass cleaner and also works as a general purpose degreaser and cleaner for many situations. A final wipe-down with Eraser on your tires will leave them cleaner than a tire wash and scrub alone.
Until now IPA (isopropyl alcohol) and water mixture, have been used to remove polish residue and fillers from auto paint before a wax or paint sealant are applied. This step allows you to check your work following compounding and it is supposed to ensure a totally clean paint surface on which the LSP (last step product) can bond. IPA loosens oil but the problem occurs as oil can be spread around or redeposited as you wipe the paint.
Eraser goes a step further with its intense cleaners that dissolve oils. Eraser breaks down polish residue as well as removing dust. It has the added bonus of cleaning better than an ordinary IPA, due to its patented degreasing formula. Eraser makes it possible for everyone to get the perfectly clean surface prior to the application of CQUARTZ or any other coating, wax, or sealant. Furthermore, with our proprietary blend you will not find even a hint of that nasty IPA smell when using Eraser.
- Eraser is an intense cleaner designed to dissolve oil particles and remove polish residue to prepare the paintwork for CQUARTZ.
- When you wipe down your polished vehicle with Eraser, you’re removing oils, fillers, and dust completely.
- Eraser also has anti-static components to resist dust after wiping. The paint will stay dust-free while you’re in the process of applying CQUARTZ so you don’t have to keep re-cleaning panel by panel.
- Eraser contains no silicone and is completely safe for use in paint shops and body shops.
- Eraser smells great, which is definitely not true of a homemade IPA! CARPRO Eraser is the next step and an evolution beyond IPA.
- Prepare your vehicle for the best results with CQUARTZ by erasing oil and polish residue.
- Due to Eraser's key ingredients & make up, Eraser also makes a fantastic glass cleaner and degreaser. It leaves a streak free finish to glass every time with the added benefit of a static free finish so the glass stays cleaner longer.
- Flip and change out your towels often as you work across the vehicle.
Paint Cleaning Directions:
- Fold Crazy Pile or CARPRO 2 Face Towel twice (forming a folded 8”x8” area)
- Spray liberally across 2-3 Sq Ft. area and one or 2 spritz on your towel and immediately wipe off.
- When wiping place your folded towel flat against the surface and use even pressure.
- Wipe in a sweeping motion as you turn corners (not a stop and start motion)
- Utilize a “secondary” towel with a spritz of Eraser for a final wipe before moving on.
Glass Cleaning Directions:
- Pair with a Cloudbuster glass cleaning towel for superior results.
- Spray the surface.
- Wipe surface using Cloudbuster or quality non-linting microfiber.
- Follow with secondary towel that you do not allow to become saturated with cleaner. (Secondary Towel)
Additional Glass Cleaning Tips:
- Clean interior glass last (after all interior dressing is complete).
- Fold glass cleaning towel twice (into quarters). When in use keep flat and folded so cleaning and wiping pressure is evenly distributed.
- Never finish glass with a dirty or saturated towel.
- On interior of glass - finish in left to right direction. On exterior of glass - finish in vertical direction. In this manner you can easily identify which side of the glass a streak is on IF you see one after cleaning.